‘SMILE, SHARE & WIN’ CONTEST - TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Contest (the "Contest") is open only to those who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The contest is open to the legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Fleurs de Villes (the "Sponsor") their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Fleurs de Villes, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: The contest will be open from 9:00 AM on June 9, 2023, to 7:00 PM on June 18, 2023. All times are PST Pacific Standard Time.
4. How to Enter: Entries will be accepted by visitors taking a photo of a Fleurs de Villes installation at the Fleurs de Villes VOYAGE exhibition at VanDusen Botanical Garden, and posting it on Instagram, tagging #FDVVoyageVancouver and following @fleursdevilles on Instagram. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Fleurs de Villes. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Fleurs de Villes.
5. Prize: The following prize is available to be won - a $200 floral bouquet, including delivery to the Greater Vancouver Area. There will be one winner selected for this contest.
To be declared the Prize winner, the selected entrant must be in full compliance with these Contest rules; and must also correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email.
You are not guaranteed to win a prize and your chance of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
6. Winner selection and notification: A random draw to determine the potential winner of the Contest will be held on Monday June 19th (the “Draw Date”) at 12:00pm from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period.
The selected entrant will be notified via an Instagram Direct Message to the profile they entered the Contest with, within five (5) days following the Draw Date. Fleurs de Villes shall have no liability for a selected entrant's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for their provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If, for any reason, the selected entrant cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to respond within 15 days from the time the notification was sent, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the selected entrant and randomly select another entrant for the corresponding prize. Except for the selected entrant(s), no other entrants will be notified about the results of the Contest.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release form; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
7. Release of Liability / Consent to Publicity
By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to (a) be legally bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, (b) be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and their representatives or the independent judging organization, if any, which are final, binding and conclusive (without appeal) on all matters relative to the Contest; and (c) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, its affiliates, licensees, distributors, divisions, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotional agencies, any and all other companies associated with the Contest (including prize suppliers and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all actions, causes of actions, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages or liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses arising out of, or in any way related to, his/her participation in the Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest prize, including, without limitation costs or losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, and rights of publicity, personality, privacy and/or intellectual property.
By accepting a Contest prize, the prize winner authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use in any related publicity the winner’s name, city and province/territory of residence, photograph, image, likeness, voice, and any statements he/she may make regarding such Contest prize for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in perpetuity, in any form of media including the Internet, without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law; and each winner waives any rights that may exist in respect of materials produced pursuant to the foregoing.
8. Limitation of Liability
The Releasees are not responsible for (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website; (c) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (d) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; (e) non-delivered, misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or (g) any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event. The Releasees are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Releasees are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Contest, receipt, use or misuse of any prize or downloading materials from or use of any website.
(a) Laws and Rules. This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, which shall be subject to amendment by Sponsor without notice or liability to you. Entrants must comply with these Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood these Rules by participating in this Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these Rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Rules are governed exclusively by the laws of the province or territory in which you reside, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of such province or territory. Rights and remedies may vary by province or territory.
(b) Cancel and Amend. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest or to amend the Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, bug, corruption, security breach, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest.
(c) Conduct. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify without notice any entrant that they find to be: violating the Rules; tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest website; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or attempting to circumvent the Rules or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution, and Sponsor reserves the right to ban or disqualify an entrant from this Contest and any future contests.
11. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Fleurs de Villes, 3780 Heather Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V5Z 3L2
12. This promotion in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.